View Single Post
Old 11-18-2022, 09:51 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

The time off Mestinon before testing is what I have always been instructed to by neurologist and even my first older pulmonologist at Mayo who had experience with muscle disorders.. Mayo Clinic gives instruction sheets that include this. Even my poor local neuro did this. First time she tested me she put me in hospital the nite before so I would be safe going off it till test. Unfortunately I was aware it was risky. The situation so I personally asked my neurologist after the EMG that I would continue my Mestinon no matter the results. She agreed. When I went back to neurology floor and asked for Mestinon I got a slow walk from them. When I insisted and said my doc said OK a different neurologist came in and said no given results of my test. I had to keep pressing till I finally got shortly before I was to leave so I had to use a wheelchair. No it is true At this point I could be off Mestinon for that long. It’s the only thing that I have for sure to help my Oxygen levels and walking and just holding my head up.. Sculptor 44
Sculptor44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote