View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 10:25 AM
Newly Joined

1 yr Member
Newly Joined

1 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomicho View Post
Not yet. I really need to find a doctor who is willing to explore all possibilities, but so far, no one showed any interest in helping me. In fact, all the tests and imaging were done by my insistence after I did research. I've seen neurosis, physiatrists, and general docs, but all they keep saying is they don't see anything wrong with me... that's why I was hoping to find someone here who is maybe from Vancouver and had any luck with a doctor...
Did you ever get tested to see if you have narrowing of your spine in your neck? I had the same symptoms as you in my arms to only find out I have narrowing in my neck that was pressing in nerves in my neck. I also have a host of other things wrong with my cervical spine and my Lumbar spine that gives me neuropathy never pain in my arms and legs. Get your neck and lower spine checked out many different things wrong with your neck and spine will cause arms and legs to tingle, picking, numbness, burning, pins and needles. Some people do not have pain in their neck or lower spine, but pain in their arms and legs. Hope this makes sense and helps you. I have the pain in my arms and legs real bad right now, trying to get my primary doctor to send me to another back doctor, first doctor did an operation on my neck it helped for a while now it has come back and worse, the back doctor said it is not bad enough to do an operation on my lower spine and said nothing more he can do, but neurologist said their is something that can be done and get a second opinion. Also the neurologist said I was taking to many psychiatric drugs for pain due to neuropathy nerve pain. I am taking, Amitriptyline, Gabapentin, Cymbalta, bupropion. Also taking Ibuprofen which is not a psychiatric drug and Cilostazol for pain which they thought I had Peripheral Artery Disease, it is supposed to help with pain due to low blood flow in the arms and legs.

Those pain medications do not help me I can barely sit for 15 minutes before the pain hurts so bad, I have trouble sleeping and my arms hurt like crazy.

My advice would be to go see a back doctor, to rule out any back or neck problems and make sure you always get a 2nd or more opinions, when one doctor says we can't find anything, another doctor might see something others did not see and say right there is your problem.
aokayre is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote