View Single Post
Old 11-24-2022, 12:10 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Drew, Your extreme experience is not applicable to the average person. You spent a lot of time PMing me. Nothing you were experiencing was similar to the hundreds of others suffering concussion/TBI struggles. You are not helpful when you bring your history up. People, especially anxious people, tend to 'tilt at windmills' when they hear such extreme comments.

The study you link is poorly written. It does not say if the study had any control factors for the myriad of other things that might indicate things such as a high risk taking lifestyle, hockey, soccer, etc. It does not say if the Swedish health system provides educational accommodations.

As one study I found showed, if 8% of youth have any type of mental health need and 11% of affected youth have any mental health needs, that 37% increase is more understandable. BUT, The study I read said there was no difference in suicide rates between the unaffected group and the affected (concussed) group.

Youth of today have a much higher rate of all sorts of struggles in life. Schools and social media load them down with stresses that they are not equipped to handle.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
davOD (11-24-2022)