Thread: Brain talk 1
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 09:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I never got any e-mail from John Lester. Just a blank screen at the site for weeks and weeks. At one time there was a message dated July 20--later there was another message, which also disappeared. No further updates.

I'm not bashing anyone. The site was wonderful and I'm sure we should be thankful to him.

My point is that if this extremely long downtime could happen--with VERY insufficient updates and with no effort to direct people elsewhere temporarily who needed a forum NOW--it could happen again.

Why risk that kind of disruption again? This Braintalk 2 site is here, so let's give it a chance. Those who never made it here but who return to Braintalk 1 (if it returns) can be invited here.

If John Lester does not have the backup, personnel-wise or equipment-wise, to avoid a more than two-month breakdown, then despite his intentions and despite all he has done in the past, we can't expect this not to happen again.

On the other hand, I'm not sure if the guy who put up this new site will leave it once Braintalk 1 returns (if it does).

Nancy
Nancy T is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote