Old 12-02-2022, 08:15 AM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
snappydad,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

Many struggle with various screens.

You don't give us any background. Are you personally struggling with screens or are you researching for somebody else?

If it is you, can you explain the situations that cause a problem?

There are many issues to consider. Refresh rate, color temp (blue light, etc) rate of movement on the screen, intensity of images, and more can contribute to struggles.

It can be a visual issue. Vision does impact vestibular issues. Visual processing in the brain can also be an issue.

Some use color modifying software. F-lux is one.

So, gives us some background and maybe we can help.

Hi Mark. It is for me. I had a concussion back in 2016 but got over that one within a couple months. This past February I had a lot of those symptoms come back. I think I attribute it to extremely long iPad game sessions as I got hooked on some over the pandemic. The day before this all came on I was staring at my iPad for probably 8 hours straight. Next day I started to get a dizzy/headache feeling I hadn't had since my concussion.

I've had brain CT, brain MRI, flexion/extension cervical MRI, blood work, EKG, cardiac stress test all come back normal. Seems like blood may be pooling in my legs a little and having less to go around elsewhere so wearing compression socks for that but otherwise tests check out.

I've had visual and vestibular therapy at times but nothing has helped. I did syntonics 6 months ago and it made things waaaaaaaaaay worse. Before I did that I was still able to watch TV and was not at all light sensitive. After that though it took things from bad to horrible.

I've mostly been able to get away with watching some sports by trying to trick my brain that I'm there so I'll watch the play in football where it's just one camera angle and then after the play I'll look away while they cut to the coach and crowd etc and then once the next play is ready I'll look again for a few seconds and watch. It's starting to feel like even that though is an issue. A few months ago I tried to just watch parts of the Dr Strange Multiverse movie and that set me off for days. Mostly just using audio description now on movies and shows.

I've tried Avulux migraine glasses for the light sensitivity but that made things worse somehow. Haven't had much luck in finding solutions for my symptoms or getting on the right path it feels like. Thanks for any thoughts you may have!
snappydad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote