View Single Post
Old 12-03-2022, 12:52 PM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomar View Post
You were doing fine after your 2016 concussion, until the long sessions of gaming in recent years?
Your issues might stem from the head ,neck and arm positions during ipad, computer or phone use and not related to the 2016 concussion after all this time.
Concussions also often involve some sort of neck impact or strain/whiplash that can show up later

Consider getting a comprehensive evaluation from a skilled PT or quality chiropractor.
Upper body postures, trigger points or old injuries can be a factor.

Any new medications in this recent timeframe?

Thank you for your response and for a few months I did a lot of investigating into craniocervical instability to see if that was the cause. I had a flexion/extension MRI done as well as other imaging and hired spineandbrainadvocate.com to review it all as most people aren't well trained to look for it. They did all kinds of measurements of the imaging that the top neurosurgeons would do and determined I don't have it.

I also have a good NUCCA chiropractor a couple of minutes from my house. He thinks there has been some minor instability but that some posture and strength exercises I've been doing and his adjustments have me on the right track and I'm starting to have to go less often.

I've been working to improve my posture just in case the neck is in play.

No new medications in this timeframe. I did have a campylobacter intestinal infection a few months prior to all of this and after some antibiotics it showed I had a mild candida infection that took over. Did some antifungals for that and took VSL3 and Mutaflor to repopulate the gut a little and think things are probably fine there but otherwise not a lot of new meds or anything to discuss.

Thanks for your response and any additional thoughts you might have.
snappydad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote