View Single Post
Old 12-03-2022, 07:21 PM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
snappydad,

1st, It sounds like you have tried to push through and continue to live your active life by tricking your brain, etc.

You don't mention anything about your quality of sleep....

What meds are you on now and what meds were you taking when this started?

Have you had Covid or received the Covid vaccines and boosters. When?
There are some who experience some extreme neuro complications from a Covid infection and from the vaccines/boosters. It is called Covid brain, like chemo brain.

Years ago, we had a man here on NT who had a horrible and lasting struggle after a marathon of gaming.

You sound tightly wound. Maybe a perfectionist. Maybe with a "Find what is wrong and just fix it" attitude. With PCS symptoms, often we must surrender to how our brain is working, give it a rest, then slowly start returning to past activities.

You mentioned a psychiatrist and depression and anxiety. Do you have a history of struggling in these areas? Hard driving perfectionists often do. They often self-medicate with activity.

Do you consume energy drinks, Red Bull, 24 Hour, Monster, etc? even just coffee or other sources of caffeine? What about alcohol or other recreational substances?

A stressed brain can become very sensitive to many things that were never a problem before. You might benefit from an elimination diet and start carefully consuming only foods and supplements that are known to be low inflammation, low allergic, with minimal sugars/carbs and high protein and fats. No soy, at all.

Hi Mark. My quality of sleep has actually been pretty good. I'm probably sleeping on average around 9 hours or so.

I'm currently taking Olanzapine. Also doing a lot of supplements. DHA and EPA fish oil, Vitamins B, C and D, Quercetin, Coq 10, and Magnesium. Wasn't taking much prior to all of this.

I had the Covid booster last November in 2021 and these symptoms all came on in February so a number of months later. The only time I know I've gotten Covid was this past August and it didn't seem to affect things one way or the other.

I think it's fair to say I'm pretty tightly wound and a perfectionist. I have given in a lot to these symptoms. Have accepted that I may just need to listen to movies through audio description and haven't really tried to watch one fully in months. Doing sports this way I figure I actually watch maybe 15 minutes of a football game during it's 3 and a half hour broadcast so I'm trying to make many sacrifices to help things but still a work in progress.

I've had some on and off struggles with anxiety and depression but was in great shape for probably 5 years prior to this coming on this year. I don't tolerate caffeine well so no on energy drinks. I used to enjoy drinking alcohol prior to all of this but now I can't as when I do it seems to confuse my brain and my knees feel like they start giving out. Very weird but again that's another thing I've just tried to accept and have only tried once in the past 6 months to drink alcohol. I've had to sacrifice a lot.

The man who had the struggles after gaming, did he find anything that eventually helped to at least manage the symptoms or get things back to normal? I kind of figure it may not be realistic for me to fully go back to the way things were before all of this but would love to at least get something back or to be able to better manage.

Thank you for any additional thoughts you have Mark!

Last edited by snappydad; 12-03-2022 at 08:34 PM.
snappydad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote