View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 06:08 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

How about what Jomar did with asking the pharmacist about coming off it.

I may be wrong but it appears to me that your doctor/s have frightened you so much that you're scared to stop it.

As I said I have never taken a Statin so I don't know what sort of things happen when you stop it.

Many Doctors (and other people in general here there and everywhere) gaslight all of us who have anxiety or depression or other conditions in our past. It's very difficult to deal with I know but it's always going to happen. It's shameful that people do this and especially Doctors but that shouldn't stop you coming off a Statin if you don't want to take it. I don't take anything unless I understand why I'm needing it and actually want to take it and that is my right under the health laws.

In the past, meaning many years ago, I've taken advice from Doctors and taken medications that I certainly would not do today. In saying that I have been in treatment with something that does potentially cause life threatening and serious side effects so it was a matter of weighing up the pros and cons and in the end the pros won for me. It was very difficult to make the decision but it's given me several extra years of my life so far.

Many people in past posts have said they changed diets and took this or that and have done well. If you have no really serious underlying reason (past stroke or heart attack) for being on the drug then go off it. If you have blood pressure problems, buy your own device and take it from time to time to see how you're doing with that. I have seen doctors try to prescribe me BP med when there's nothing wrong with my BP except for what they call "white coat syndrome" and going to the doctor or hospital all the time is enough to raise anyone's BP if they're that way inclined. I have a wonderful GP and she knows my BP is normal unless I go to the hospital so I am grateful she is on top of that.

Last edited by Lara; 12-04-2022 at 06:24 PM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote