View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 07:52 AM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
L-Tyrosine is not tolerated by many, especially the high stressed types.

Have you tried L-Theanine? It helps the brain settle. I take L-Theanine and 5-HTP. They are a life saver. I was on an SSRI for 13 years... Yuck.

What is the goal with Olanzapine? That is a harsh psychotropic drug. I took it for 6 weeks a decade ago to stop dangerous stress induced weight loss.

I just watched a YouTube that talked about how video games can retrain the brain to a new function. Good ol'e neuroplasticity at work.

What part of the country do you live in?

If you have $10,000 to spend, CogFX in Utah or Amen Clinics might be a consideration.

If I remember, Chris learned how to settle his brain over time. He had a lot of other life issues, too.

Dr Walker's neurology clinic in Houston has done some great work with neurofeedback.

Hi Mark. I have tried L-Theanine and it does work well. GABA too. I've taken a slight break from them as I kind of just did a reset back in August. Unfortunately at that time I needed to check myself into a hospital for a week as I was not good mentally. Still struggling but having a better mindset since then. I actually visited AMEN over the Summer and they had recommended GABA and Tyrosine based on my scans.

AMEN also recommended Plasticity Centers (I live in the Atlanta area) so I visited them earlier in the year as well. Would Cog FX be all that different from them? I've already spent a lot of money and have done exercises from Plasticity, from vestibular therapy, and vision therapy, but haven't gotten anywhere from any of them unfortunately. I'm still trying and doing vestibular therapy right now and have another comprehensive vision exam coming up soon where we may explore more vision therapy. I had to stop that with my last group as the syntonics they gave me really made things much much worse.

Olanzapine was originally part of a plan with my psychiatrist to take alongside an SSRI but I didn't tolerate the SSRI very well so came off of that but noticed that the Olanzapine seemed to help me sleep and my mood so I've just stayed on it. Have been on for probably like 2 months now.

Was the YouTube talking about how video games can ruin your brain by retraining your brain or was there any science there about how someone has developed some type of video game to help retrain it back or something? I know I've seen some stuff at some point about some VR vestibular therapy helping people so wasn't sure if this was something that could help or not. Anyway, if you have the link I'd be interested in taking a look.

I guess let me know your thoughts on Plasticity Centers vs Cog Fx if you're familiar at all with the Plasticity group. I've kind of spent a lot of money already so my family is losing patience with that and would prefer me to stay within insurance realm if at all possible but would be curious as to your thoughts.

I'll take a look at the Houston place and also if you know any words I should search for on this site to learn more about Chris's journey I'd probably want to look at that as well.

Thanks Mark!
snappydad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote