View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 09:13 AM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Dr Walker is in Dallas. Home | Neurotherapy Center of Dallas | 972-991-1153

CognitiveFX uses fMRI to direct therapy. About Us | Cognitive FX

Your mental health struggles complicate matters.

Many therapies and protocols takes weeks or even months to see consistent change/improvement. It sounds like you keep a short calendar when looking at results.

The YouTube comment was about the bad changes marathon video gaming can cause.

I've noticed a regression effect from pushing therapy too hard. Many have just tried too hard to recover. Unfortunately, many therapists believe if X is good 2X is better and 3X is even better. Not the case with the brain.

You are not dealing with a short term issue. You need to consider this period a part of your life/health that needs a long term solution.

You did not define your QUALITY of sleep. You mentioned quantity of sleep. Do you fall asleep quickly or do you lay in bed trying to go to sleep before finally falling asleep?

Hi Mark. Thanks as always for your comments. The quality of sleep is good as I fall asleep quickly after getting our kids to sleep. Most of the time I sleep fully through the night as well with an occasional wake up to use the bathroom.

I would be fine with any solution short-term or long-term but just not sure what solution I need. Back when I had my concussion back in 2016 I found out within a couple of weeks that if I run I could get my brain to calm down for maybe an hour or two and it would make a big difference but then revert back later in the day. It gave me a glimpse that I knew running would make a big difference and that if I just continued to do that then things would slowly improve over time. I'm just looking for that glimpse right now and can't seem to come across any. I'll be dedicated to vision or vestibular therapy for a couple of months and just not see much of the slightest of glimpses.

I do think I've noticed maybe a few times that when doing some eye tracking exercises with my thumb going across my right eye that it may have lessened symptoms slightly for a very short stretch. Also, the vision group that did the syntonics did a vision therapy session with prism and it was very multisensory where I'd walk one foot in front of the other while reading letters and while they swung a pendulum around in my field of vision. I was very dizzy and falling over without the prism as well as the first time they put prism on me. Then they adjusted the prism to a different setting and I was actually able to do it ok. Those are some glimpses I've had but this group kept pushing syntonics and eventually wanted me to just do that so I didn't really get much of a chance to pursue the prism as an option and I had to stop going there as the syntonics were just killing me. I'm going to a different place within the coming weeks for vision to see if we can explore that further.

I've just tried a lot of different things so far and don't have much to report on that I feel confident to where if I just keep doing it like I did with running and my concussion then eventually things will get worked out. I do still keep doing my vestibular exercises right now but just don't notice any benefit from them at this time. Will continue for a while longer but would love to just feel like I'm getting closer.
snappydad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote