Thread: advice
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 07:52 PM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member

Mark,
thank you so much for your response and questions.
1. Yes - it definitely upset and startled me. Minor soreness where the impact was. and yes - given how many I've had, my first thoughts are always "I can't believe this happened again", "how long will it take to feel better" and "what might happen long-term". In the immediate aftermath, I felt stunned, and sat for about a minute before I went ahead with what I was doing. Your comment about anxiety is interesting -that could be playing a big role for me, as I have those issues.
2. I don't think I mentioned cte specifically, but I asked him if I was at risk for any long term issues from multiple concussions. My understanding is that a concussion is a head injury where there's some kind of altered state of consciousness for a short time immediately after - feeling stunned, dazed or disoriented. Is this accurate?
Most of mine have come over the last 13 years (I'm 55) and have involved bumping my head into something I thought I had cleared (car door, clothesline pipe, playground apparatus when with my nephews) or misjudging how close something was to my head. One was from a minor car accident (got rear-ended and hit the head rest). For many of these, I've been able to go on with whatever I was doing even while feeling a bit off. A day or so after the injury is when symptoms settle in for me - there's a week or so of mental fatigue, low tolerance for screen time, not feeling quite like myself, and mild headaches. Chiropractic care and acupuncture have been very helpful.
Tim in MA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote