View Single Post
Old 12-13-2022, 09:02 AM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Have you ever had a spinal tap to check your CSF pressure?

I don't know if what you are describing could be fatigue. Sounds more like a response to a trigger. The brain can be trained to respond negatively to a trigger.

Has anybody ever suggested EMDR? Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing therapy may have a use to resolve the triggering.

Have not done a spinal tap. One of my neurologists was potentially thinking that as a next step but is concerned about potentially causing low pressure headaches.

Nobody has suggested EMDR and I'm not overly familiar with it. Would that help some of the physical symptoms or more just to help better cope with everything?

My vestibular therapist doctor yesterday is convinced that it's vestibular migraine that I'm dealing with. I've had neurologists think migraine as well but I really just don't think that as it's not episodic at all, the headaches I've had I had for 3 months before any light sensitivity issues appeared, the light sensitivity doesn't go hand in hand with the headaches so they don't seem connected, and overall it just doesn't feel like that's the case. Still, I've tried drugs, injections, and supplements for it but obviously nothing has helped that at all.

She does see my eyes do some slight jumps with certain movements so I believe her when she says there are some vestibular issues but just don't get the whole migraine thing. I'll see one of my neurologists in about 4 hours and will discuss with them but I guess they'll want to probably try Botox or an infusion or maybe I can talk him into Gamma Core.

Anyway, have you heard of migraine being something like this where people can't watch tv due to them or have the different symptoms I'm dealing with? I get that there's light sensitivity that goes along with that but feel like it's usually present during a migraine attack but then is gone in between.
snappydad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote