View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 09:30 AM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member

Thanks. I wonder why it is so difficult to find information on the Internet about cases when alcoholic neuropathy was cured or reduced to a very low level. I am 1 year and 7 days sober. I suffered terribly from this illness for at least 10 months. All I could read is that this state is permanent. Still now, my symptoms are so mild, that I can even enjoy sweets these days. If I do sport or work in the garden I can even eat chocolate, ice cream and get away with a very light, almost unnoticeable numbness, but nothing compared to the state I was in just 6 months ago, when my back got stiff and numb on its right side after I ate something sweet. Out of a week, 5-6 days I don't even notice much symptoms, other than some occasional muscle movements and some slight temporal numbness here and there. Nothing that freaks me out as before. My false heat senses are gone since months now, also pins and needles, false air movement sensations, waterdrops on my skin, pain in my right hand. I also sleep like never before, but I guess that is due to 0% alcohol consumption.

Also, where are you from? I am from Hungary, but I live in Costa Rica. When I got sick, I had to go home for better treatment and I spent 1 year in my country, which was nice. Now I am back and enjoy being able to function again.
jean2399 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote