View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 12:48 PM
Newly Joined

1 yr Member
Newly Joined

1 yr Member
Default Possible alcoholic neuropathy. Very worried.

44/M, heavy drinker, 3/4 pack a day smoker. Daily drinker of 6-9 beers for 15 years.

This started as UTI-like symptoms in late November. Urinary issues, ED, extreme pains in pelvis and sides (which has actually gotten better). Nothing found in urine culture, CT scan of abdomen and pelvis totally unremarkable. Have a urologist appt. in late January.

In the past week or so have noticed numbness in legs and feet. This came on after the urinary symptoms.

I shared my concerns of AN with my doctor and he seemed a little unconcerned and said we'll figure it out.

I've been dropping weight. 30 lbs in two years but recently it seems like about 5 lbs a week. Possible muscle atrophy though I don't feel weak.

My penis also seems to have lost sensation and hides a lot though is not numb.

Visited the ER last Monday (12-26) and was diagnosed with Prostatitis and put on antibiotics. I don't think this is going to help.

I have a neurologist appt. in March (earliest available) and am set to meet with my doctor next Wednesday.

I've stopped drinking as of 12-24 which is annoying in and of itself.

I think I know what's going on but no one seems in any urgency to figure this out. Frankly I'm scared especially with the weight loss and have no idea what to do except not drinking and staying active. Also taking the usual vitamin supplements. Very concerned for the future and feel totally lost.
SpaceCrazedCoaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote