View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 09:57 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Kiwis099,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

My first comment is simple. You are looking for symptoms. That is problematic.

Nobody can self-diagnose unequal pupils. They are not a normal symptom of a concussion. They indicate a much more severe closed head injury that would usually require hospitalization.

No, the fall into water was not a concussion or even a sub-concussive impact.

You sound like you fall into the category of Long history of depression, anxiety, and OCD (an anxiety disorder) with PTSD as a later add-on. Multiple research shows that such a history causes the brain to be easily triggered into an inflammatory response. This can cause all of the concussion symptoms you mention.

My recommendation is to start with your OCD and anxiety. Seek help to find natural ways of resolving those issues. CBT could be part of that.

Supplements can be helpful. After 14 years on a strong SSRI, I quit and replaced it with 5-HTP and L-Theanine with a doctor encouraging me and following my progress. I've added GABA recently. I use the brand of 5-HTP with L-Theanine and GABA that is sold on Amazon.

An anti-inflammatory diet is helpful. Low sugar is important.

Stop tracking symptoms or looking/checking for symptoms. That makes them worse.

Accept that you have an injured body, especially your neck. If you choose to participate in risk activities, that is your choice. That choice can impact your future life. Many of us have chosen to moderate our risks.

With your neck, you should consider ways to improve sleeping posture. Poor sleeping posture can make your symptoms worse. How did swimming impact your neck?

You sound like you live an intense/high stress life, maybe even using that intensity to 'self-medicate' your emotion issues. Many do. You should consider how to moderate that intensity so you can hope to remain active for decades to come.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote