View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 11:42 AM
Newly Joined

1 yr Member
Newly Joined

1 yr Member
Default Peripheral neuropathy

Any advice please...

In July I developed foot pain in my right foot and struggled to walk on it for 4-6weeks. Had inflammation around the arch and heel and thought it was plantar fascitis though wasn't diagnosed by GP. It got better and I now use special insoles which have helped.

Around October I developed a strange burning sensation of n the underneath of my right foot. There was no inflammation and it didn't hurt when I put pressure on it just very sporadic. It's got worse the last 3 weeks,has been more frequent and more intense.

In October I developed anxiety due to a stressful period of time following house burglary and 2 cars being stolen. I was prescribed sertraline 50mg. Had a few tingling sensations and headaches which settled. Anxiety continued and medication increased to 100mg. Tingling sensations started again. Discussed with GP and advised to come.off sertraline to see if that would make a difference.

I've been off them 10 days now weaned off as directed but over the last 2 weeks symptoms very like peripheral neuropathy have increased.

Developed a pretty constant high pitch whistling sound in my right ear.
Tingling and pins and needles hands, feet and arms.
Internal vibrations in my upper body but not always physical tremors.
Physical tremours in my little finger on my fight hand.
Sporadic tingling in my lip and tongue.
Joint pain in my feet and elbows
Extreme tiredness despite having more than 8 hours sleep at night.
Toes on both feet feel freezing cold but the rest of my feet are normal temperature.
Sporadic stabbing pain which feels like a needle being stabbed in my face randomly.
Intense sporadic stinging sensation under my right foot.
Itchy skin but no rashes
Feelings of something crawling under my skin in my arms.
Head pain which radiates in the neck and doesn't.improve with paracetamol.

Where do I go from here?

I've had blood tests and my thyroid, B12 and iron levels are all fine.

Blood tests have indicated menopausal though I'm still having regular but shorter periods and have been for around 12 months now.

Thank you.. any advice welcome
Jorobbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote