Old 01-02-2023, 10:25 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaykassie View Post
hi everyone,

i have severe anxiety that the rabies vaccine will give me rabies. i got my vaccine due to a low risk exposure and i’m super worried that i am either going to contract rabies from this or another long term illness. could someone please calm my mind. i have felt tingling in my hands and i get headaches as well. the headaches don’t feel like a regular headache, it’s a like a burning tension sensation. please help
Hi, I'm sorry you're dealing with this. It is understandable you would be anxious. Hopefully some of the other members here who have experienced the rabies vaccine will come by soon to offer some more positive feedback and support than I can. In the meantime, maybe read some of the posts on the thread. It seems to me you're not the only person with the same worries and anxieties, but for many it has worked out well in time. I just wanted to say hi and welcome to the forums. take care.

Edited later to add>>>
I did some hunting. We don't have Rabies in Australia so wasn't sure if I was looking in the right places but I did finally find a US site from HHS.gov that explains that the Rabies Vaccine is an inactivated vaccine. i.e. not a Live Vaccine. You wouldn't get Rabies from the actual vaccine. It's dead/inactivated.
Vaccine Types | HHS.gov
Scroll down to where it says "Inactivated vaccines".
Hope that helps.

Last edited by Lara; 01-02-2023 at 11:31 PM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote