Thread: Wacked in jaw
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2023, 08:19 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Thanks for taking the time with your response Mark I can see you are very knowledgeable in this area. I don’t doubt what you are saying has merit and is probably true in some cases. But hear me out on these two points as I believe they prove what you are saying is not the solution in my case, and I assume others as well.

1. The severity of the impact will determine the severity and duration of my symptoms. I.e. if I got hit in the head with a tennis ball this would be on the very mild side, less severe symptoms that go away faster. Or if I went for a run (which I haven’t been able to do in years) from experimenting leaves me with more intense symptoms that take much longer to clear up perhaps a week or two.

If what you’re saying is true why wouldn’t the inflammation experience be the same in both cases. When either happens I’m not particularly thrilled but after years I never stress too much about any of it, I just accept and take the symptoms that follow. So you’re saying my sub-conscious reactions can create that much of a variation in consequence and the physical stimulus plays no role? I don’t buy that.

2. When I read or concentrate too hard this also gives bad inflammation and symptoms. I have zero trauma/PTSD/emotional response to something as passive as reading or doing a jigsaw puzzle. Again this is another point that I can’t see how your theory answers for this.

In my opinion clearly something went wrong from those multiple concussions and whether it be the body/brain trying to defend it self or something else, I’m left with an extreme sensitivity and the solution is not clear. It can’t merely be reduced to the cause being me “thinking about it”.
Mitchell H is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote