View Single Post
Old 01-04-2023, 04:26 PM
Newly Joined

1 yr Member
Newly Joined

1 yr Member
Arrow Alcohol Periperhal Neuropathy Question

Hello Everyone,

I am guessing this is the right place to make an introductory post ?

I was never officially diagnosed with PN, I went to a hospital in 2014, after being on a LONG drunken bender, a half gallon of vodka a day. My feet were cold, and they burned all the time, I was having gait problems.

Anyway, doctor told me I had alcohol neuropathy. No examination, just shrugged and said that was it.

So I went sober. I stayed sober for three years, and like a fool, got drunk again.

Each time it happens, the burning, the flaring, the sex dysfunction, and all of it comes back, but always gets better after I sober up.

So, after two and a half years of feeling great, being athletic, and having my life back,I slipped last month,

I tend to go on benders. Bad benders. I have been on one for about a month now.

It is going to sound counter-productive, but since the hospitals and treatment centers will not take me, I went to two ER rooms and told them I needed a detox, and they gave me an IV bag and let me loose on the streets at 2 am, shaking violently. I decided to reduce my way out of this.

I wait until the cold shakes and withdrawals hit, and drink enough, JUST to stop it, I wait again, force myself to time it, and wait.

I have gone from a half gallon of vodka a day, to drinking 24 tall cans a day, to drinking small small cans, about 17 a day. I am almost detoxed, but I am worried, and had a question, have other people that have had BAD relapses, had their neuropathy improve ?

While waiting and withdrawing, I keep reading page after page that says I can never get better. Page after page saying it will get worse. I know part of this is alcohol withdrawal and anxiety. But I would love to hear if people who have had continnued relapses were able to get better ?

My whole body burns off and on.

Like, I have deliberately tried to excercise while I wait , in between drinks, I deliberately take vitamin supplements, I deliberately force myself to eat (though it is hard with the withdrawals ) but I am realy afraid and alone right now. I was just wondering if anyone had feedback about it ?

I really just want to get my life back together. I realy just want to go back to being old me. I am just afraid I have done too much damage to my body and afraid of being disabled.

I was making a lot of money as a driver, had a fiance, and life was great. In just one month, it is all gone. I am sitting alone and trying to put myself back together. Any support would be appreciated
Milligan712 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote