View Single Post
Old 01-15-2023, 07:18 PM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member
Default What is happening with "setback."

Hey everyone!

Hope everyone here had a great holiday break and new years!

I've been doing really well for the last 6 months. Havn't had many setbacks and anytime I get a small knock or jerk I would calmly tell myself I was fine and I wouldn't get any symptoms!

However, yesterday I was helping a friend move a dryer into his house and it was quite wide.

I had to "lean in" to get my arms around it and when I did, my friend who was on the other side holding it, it somehow "slipped forward" a little and hit me right in the side of the head.

I didn't think it was that hard but then I started worrying because usually when I hit my head on something it is me walking into something etc, so something stationary.

However, this was "moving forwards and it was a decently heavy dryer. It didn't fall and land on me or anything likethat, but it did fall forward and hit me so it was moving.

I didn't feel too bad last night but this morning I feel dizzy and lightheaded and I havn't felt this way after a knock for so long so it is a bit demorilising.

I was just wondering, when we have these setbacks, are they sub concussive hits? Are they flair ups of symptoms causing no damage? Are they causing damage?

Or have I sustained a concussion from it ?
DeanBJJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote