View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 02:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Curcumin

Hi,
I haven't posted in awhile. I too recently lost my wife to Parkinson's this past Nov. She was dx about 21 years ago at age 52. Her last ten years were increasingly hard with dementia a main issue. When she was first dx, I thought I could fix her and got on the internet. I came across LDN, low dose naltrexone, and she took it for seven years until she said it wasn't working and stopped. I don't know if it helped. If PD is a neuro inflammatory disease as they now claim, it makes sense to take a anti-inflammatory supplement. My past research on this came up with Curcumin. It's not the cure that we have hoped for but, maybe, it will slow progression.
I first joined the old BrainTalk until moving to this site. I guess I made a lot of posts. I can't see much progress in real world PD treatments since Levo-dopa first came into use. As far as I'm concerned, it's the only treatment that helps. I am amazed that an almost cure has not been found yet. To all of you in the PD fight, I know how hard it can be. I wish you the best,
John Maccini
ashleyk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote