View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 08:48 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Possible neck issues after backing the car into the curb

I accidentally over-accelerated the car while backing out of the garage into the driveway and ended up backing into our driveway's curb that is about 10-12 yards from the garage. There was a loud noise and I got out of the car to see the bottom of the rear bumper was badly scraped. I doubt this would cause a concussion, but it seems like there is some neck soreness.

Would this kind of event even be enough to really injure the neck with whiplash type damage or worse? Would you guys see a doctor about it? It sounds like whiplash can occur at slow speeds and by seemingly minor accidents. I'm also concerned it could get worse as this was only 3 hours ago.

My head and neck positioning was perhaps at an awkward angle as it happened as I was rushed and trying to use the door clicker while I was still backing up.

I can move the head forward and touch the chest with my chin and touch the side of my head to the top of the shoulder when moving left/right. I can also bend my head/neck back. But there's a bit of discomfort turning to the side while looking downward, when doing circular 360 degree head turns in either direction and somewhat while lying down with the head/neck slightly raised at around a 45 degree angle.

Last edited by keeponmovin; 01-27-2023 at 09:18 PM.
keeponmovin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote