View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 08:55 PM
Newly Joined

1 yr Member
Newly Joined

1 yr Member
Default PCS I desperately need to improve my executive function ASAP (Benzos / ECT)

Hi all,
Multiple concussions or tbi's over a few decades (with chronic pain), and am finding it hard to concentrate or make decisions. Have been getting worse. Testing shows in the superior range with some minor deviances, says functioning not worse. Being blamed on depression. I believe am depressed because I've lost everything. I need to move in a few months and large posibility of facing being homeless because of concentration, planning and decision making. Can't face that and would rather **. Have tried every AD, now am hoping to try ECT.

Have been on triazolam for a few years. Started a valium taper which gave me a couple of relatively great days but is now making me feel dumb. Sleep is suffering too and it's hard to get through the night

I know long term benzo use is bad, but any thoughts on a) ECT for this type of thing, and b) whether I can withdraw from benzo and be better than I am now within a short period of time or if it'll make me worse.

Last edited by Jomar; 02-04-2023 at 09:19 PM. Reason: ** per NT guidelines
loconono is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote