Thread: Ouchie! Ouchie!
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 10:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks, Mel! The flowers are lovely!

Yep, cleaned it immediately. Stood in the bathtub and let water run over it then soaped it and rinsed it real well.

The stitching thing is if it's more than, I *think*, 24 hours they won't stitch it because of the risk of infection. Bacteria and such can get down inside and then they'd be closing it up with that inside the cut. Never heard that about the scar formation before. But who knows...different doctors say different things as we've all come to know. If I hadn't been able to stop the bleeding I'd have hopped on over to the ER for sure. It pretty much stopped bleeding on it's own after the first few minutes. The only reason it bled as much as it did is cause I was stuck standing there til the glass around me had been swept up. But I really hate it when I hurt my feet, period. I know most people with PN would agree.

The odd part about this is that it wasn't a heavy glass. It was thinner than most I have. It was apparently just the way it fell and the distance I suppose. The glass shard hit so hard it didn't even stick in my toe, it bounced right back out. It's a bit sore today but nothing like I thought it might be.