View Single Post
Old 02-10-2023, 03:13 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Fell on a tennis court (hard court)

I was playing outdoor doubles tennis tonight and at one point my footing slipped from under me and I fell down hard onto the hard (asphalt) surface with my legs above me. I fell from at least a full standing height and I am 5'7".

It appeared I mainly fell onto my butt/tailbone with perhaps a bit on my back and arms catching a bit on the way down. I do not recall hitting my head and am guessing it would have been obvious if I did. It happened so quickly and I was unaware what was really going on as I was falling: it took me completely by surprise before I could really react.

As my body hit the pavement, I felt an immediate shock-like sensation through my body that was like a train passing through me. No pain to the butt/tailbone, though some pain when turning to the side. But that 'flash' sensation was so bizarre.

Would this kind of incident be likely to cause a concussion? I'm unfamiliar with vertical concussions. I've had people who were there worried about me and I stopped playing and went home right after falling.

Last edited by keeponmovin; 02-10-2023 at 06:13 AM.
keeponmovin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote