View Single Post
Old 02-12-2023, 12:08 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Angry

Sorry to hear that, Mark. I think I've fallen a few times on my butt at a skating rink. This time was different because instead of a regular fall down my legs were above my body on the way down. That feeling of hitting the asphalt was felt in my entire body with a scary ricochet. I can never recall that experience in falling before. As mentioned, it felt like a train was traveling up and through my body and my body took a hard shake on impact.

Hopefully it didn't do any real damage. Two days later and I have a really tight back. It hurts when tucking back and the sides/obliques. I can't hold a flexed position when rotating to my left side without pain and back cracks every time I do side bends to the left while flexing my back. Yesterday felt worse and so I'm hoping that's a positive sign. I'm supposed to play tennis there again in a few days and am already nervous. People keep asking about me and described it as a "bad fall."

From what (you) Mark and Drew are describing, it's sounding like I may have gotten lucky and probably no vertical (head) injury. Or at least my head does not hurt and no abnormal headaches at the moment. Thankfully I can walk fine, sit down mostly without pain, etc. It hurts a bit when sitting on a toilet seat but not a padded chair, bed or car seat. And I can fully reach down to my toes, move my neck in all directions.

Last edited by keeponmovin; 02-12-2023 at 12:27 AM.
keeponmovin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote