View Single Post
Old 02-17-2023, 11:02 AM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--was originally formulated precisely because people with reflux and the like were reporting more symptoms with alpha lipoic (which, after all, is an acid).

The R form contains only the right-handed isomers of the lipoic acid molecule, which is the active form. Generally, I have seen ration of anywhere from 6 to 1 to 10 to 1 regarding dosage equivalencies for a given level of effect, so that would mean that someone taking 600mg/day of alpha lipoic acid daily should try somewhere in the neighborhood of 60-100mg/day of R-lipoic for a similar effect. And yes, that reduction in overall dosage does seem to help with gastric acidity symptoms.
Thank you very much! I am currently off ALA due to my recent surgery; I had to stop fir a week orior,because the surgeon wasn't really certain that it would not interfere with bleeding, abd afterwards I was taking a lot of ibuprofen, and didn't want to risk the added stomach irritation. I'm going to restart it this weekend and see how it goes. I think I will switch to RLA when I finish this bottle, or if the ALA proves to be intolerable, whichever comes first.
EmmieR is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote