Thread: Ouchie! Ouchie!
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 10:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmeb View Post
If you dont get to the doc with a fresh cut it often starts to close up - and unless your concern is a scar - usually ok.... Steri-strips are a good thing to have on hand for us PN'ers - a cut that in the past you might need stiches as long as you can clean up wound and nothing needs picking out etc.... they work great - "plastic stiches" help the wound close quickly, and saves a trip to the doc.... (if you're cut with somehthing that has potential to infect however like animal scratch etc, important to go to doc)
I have or had some steri-strips at one time but couldn't find them. And it's closed up rather nicely. Just a glass that had had iced tea in it. It was from the top rim of the glass as that's the part that broke out.

That was the first thing I did. Had my other half check to make sure there wasn't a piece of glass stuck in there...though the way it was bleeding I was pretty sure there wasn't.

I have some bandaids that are clear all the way around and seals the wound off completely from the air. Before going to bed I put some triple antibiotic on the bandaid and slapped it on my toe. Today there is no swelling or redness at all. Can't hardly tell there's even a cut or anything there. So it would appear it's healing well. Of course I'll be keeping an eye on it.

All this brings me to the conclusion that my PN isn't affecting my circulation. If it was I wouldn't be healing as quickly or as cleanly as I appear to be. At this point I'm thankful for small miracles.