View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 11:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default This is really interesting!

Does anyone happen to be taking a calcium channel blocker for any reason? This research strikes me as potentially very important - I guess I figure that, for most of us already reading this forum, our best chance comes from the fortuitous discovery of some off-label use of an established drug.

As a former psychiatric social worker, I saw siezure medications become great tamers of anxiety - and a blood pressure medication turned out to be an outstanding treatment for performance anxiety.

Novel approaches developed from scratch are just going to take too long. My MDS tells me that there is nothing much in the pipeline - or nothing to hold my breath for. (but then, he isn't a real upbeat guy!)

I'm betting on either off-label or some of the combinations the White Rats have been so valiantly experiementing with...maybe only because I'm toooo chicken for brain surgery - I had to drill some skulls and place some electrodes in white rat - and cat - brains zillions of years ago as a psychology student. So scary, I lived in terror or catching the dura mater and scrambling some poor cat's brain...even dissected a human brain once, an experience that filled me with awe- - - guess I never expected to become so preoccupied with the functioning or lack of in my own brain...sorry to rattle on so. Bye.
Sasha is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote