View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 09:43 AM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthomolecular View Post
I think you are off base with comments about my feelings and how "words hurt newcomers." Don't apologize about my feelings. I can deal with my feelings perfectly fine. And my feelings are really not the issue at all. You should take owership of your comments though.

You should not express your opinion and make it seem like you know something about this product. I don't care to argue with someone who has made up their mind already.

MY WORDs will hurt newcomers?? You think you can hold me responsible for someone else's actions because of something I posted???? That is nonsense. You seem to think that some people can't think for themselves, and you feel it is your job to explain things to them. How could you know that some newcomer would be "hurt" by some post of mine? You are speculating about something that MIGHT happen. PLEASE STICK TO THE FACTS and stop worrying about other people's feelings or possible actions.

How is it your place to decide that some post will "hurt" newcomers? Just stick to posting any information you have that disputes facts that you don't agree with. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't make it wrong. You need to show factual information why something is wrong instead of just expressing your opinion as if it were a fact.

You know nothing about this product but only express your belief that it does not work. You KNOW that if it did work everyone would know about it. AGAIN, not a fact, but just your belief. Your beliefs are not relevant or factual.

IT IS ONLY YOUR OPINION that harm will come to someone reading my post. That is pure speculation. People are capable of thinking for themselves without your help and you expressing your beliefs that something can't possibly work.
Ortho, did you take time to read the link I left (which came from the same site as the link you left)?

Quote:
It was found, in general, people with celiac reacted worse when taking gluten + Peptizyde than when consuming small amounts of gluten with no enzymes. Celiac is an autoimmune disease/condition with a genetic basis. There are certain sequences of peptides which cause a reaction in the small intestine of individuals with celiac disease. The peptides can be as small as 12 amino acids long (that's pretty small). These peptides are different than the peptides that get absorbed into the bloodstream and cause the opiate problem which are called gliadiomorphs. When the peptides get to the small intestine, the celiac's body registers these peptides as The Enemy. A non-celiac's body would just see the peptide as from gluten and let it pass. Once the celiac’s body detects The Enemy, certain antigens are produced which increase T-cell production in the small intestine villi
Quote:
There is a certain structure in the gliadin that the small intestine sees as toxic in celiac individuals. The protease enzymes are not breaking this down in a way so that it does not cause a reaction in celiacs. So, in fact, taking just a protease such as Peptizyde may be just making more of these little peptides (or whatever) available to the small intestine, and perhaps increasing the number of chances to provoke a reaction.
Quote:
This is a different situation from the peptide/opiate problem which is caused by large, insufficiently broken down molecules and leaky gut. Those peptides have a certain structure that attaches to specific receptors in the brain. Celiac reactions are triggered by different tiny peptides which attach to receptors in the small intestine. Only celiacs will have intestines that react in this way.

Researchers are actively working on enzyme preparations that might one day work for those with celiac disease, but this is still in research phases. If you drop to the bottom of the page of the link above, you will see a June 2006 report that shows this is still in research development. Not a done deal. We've been discussing enzymes for years here, and are a very open minded group who stay on top of the latest research. Although, I'm going to admit that it is news to me that the some enzymes could actually make things worse for celiacs. I thought they were just not completely effective, and therefore not very useful for breaking down gluten in those with celiac disease.

Cara

Last edited by jccgf; 09-25-2006 at 11:08 AM.
jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote