View Single Post
Old 03-11-2023, 08:42 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default Carrot banana mini muffins -vegan

. I've been doing a little baking now that my oven is fixed.

I found a very nice recipe for muffins from a young woman from India. I like that they're not too sweet and have a hint of spice with the cinnamon but I have changed it a quite a bit and finally have it perfected for our taste. I halved the flour and added almond meal so it's half SR flour and half almond meal. I switched the half cup of sugar for a couple of tablespoons and then added maple syrup. Next time I'll just use the maple syrup on its own. We don't have issues with that amount of sugars. It's difficult changing recipes because they sometimes don't cook properly. I changed out her 1/2 cup raisins (sultanas here) for a scant 1/4 cup finely chopped dates too. I think the rest is the same.

So..

• 1/2 cup Self Raising Flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 cup Almond Meal
  • 1/2 cup Almond Milk (or whatever you want to use)
  • 3/4 cup grated Carrots
  • 1 small or medium ripe banana mashed
  • 2 tablespoons raw sugar
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup (the real stuff Oh Canada)
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped dates (or sultanas/raisins)
  • tiny pinch of cinnamon (don't over do it)

All in one bowl and mix. No eggs, no dairy.

I used a patty cake tray instead of muffin trays so they're not too large, esp with using the almond meal instead of using all flour they tend to take a little longer to cook.
I baked for around 15 to 20 mins on 180C / 356F. Just keep an eye on them and they're ready when they're ready. I'm that type of cook and my oven is not reliable with thermostat.

Enjoy.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
agate (03-12-2023), Chemar (03-12-2023), tnthomas (03-13-2023)