View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 08:41 AM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member
Frown Mild concussion - second week, feeling anxious

Hi,

This is my first time posting but I felt the need due to me just needing to talk about this.

It all started last Monday. I was in a room with glass walls and during my attempt to look out, I misjudged the distance and banged my forehead on the glass. I felt immediate pain on my head and also at the opposite side on the back of my head. I proceeded with my day because I really didn't want go stop lest I would just panic but I did feel weird the rest of the day. During the night when I was trying to sleep, my arm began jerking which made me panic about brain bleeds.

A few days went by with headaches that come and go and eventually dizziness. I panicked thinking about a possible slow subdural hematoma.

On the one week mark, I still have dizziness and the feeling of leaning to the right when walking so I went to the ER. The doctor did a full neuro check up and I told him about all my fears. He said my trauma sounds pretty mild but my symptoms don't point toward a bleed enough so he didn't want to to a CT. For background, I am a 20 year old female. He diagnosed me with a mild concussion.

Now, this is my second week of concussion. I feel OK but not really back to myself yet. The dizziness comes and goes, most prevalent in the mornings. This morning when I woke up, I felt a muscle in my arm contract by itself twice. I also have a sudden ache on the top right of my head that comes suddenly and goes suddenly like a painful poke,

I don't know if all this is normal for a concussion. I really am scared it's something more serious that my doctor missed but he told me it's extremely unlikely it's something else than a concussion but idk about my jerks that first night (and contraction this morning?).

I also wonder how long this concussion will last. I am literally crying every day and even as I write this now because I am so sick of feeling these symptoms and so sick of them causing me to worry it's something serious. I just want to return to my normal self and I am sad that this won't happen and that something has changed forever. I really hope someone can shed some light on this and help me with my thoughts.
Hufflepuff is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote