View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 05:17 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Thank you for sharing; this is very hopeful! I first read your story on NeuroTalk shortly before May 2019. It was discovered then that toxic mold exposure was the underlying cause of my neuropathy (and host of other ills).

Your description of symptoms sounded so identical to mine that, while I am certainly in no position to diagnose anyone, all I could think of was "he's living in mold, I just know it".

I could see how being a vegan could set up someone for neuropathy. I suspect vegans typically don't get enough nutritious fats and the nervous system definitely needs fats to function properly.

That said, if you don't mind me asking, did you ever consider mold as an underlying factor (maybe in addition to the possible consequences of a vegan diet )? I ask because you mentioned your wife has an autoimmune disorder, and the few mold experts that are out there are quick to say anytime there is a diagnosis of an autoimmune disorder toxic mold exposure should be considered.

So I'm curious, in the course of your recovery thus far, have you moved or changed work location? Has there been any change in location for which you have usually spent a great deal of time?

Your update prompted me to look into the carnivore diet for myself. I checked on a particular FB group for mold avoiders and found that some "moldies" have had good success with a carnivore diet (perhaps their gut microbiome is getting reset by it).

Thank you again; I'm very interested to hear your thoughts on a possible mold exposure.
MidwestWife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote