View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 09:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default howdy bro

Far as I can tell RSD is a nerve disease with the nerves on, and screaming in pain when there shouldn't be any reason for them to be screaming in pain as much as they are doing.

I got my RSD II from lack of blood oxygen to the right leg from a botched angiogram.
after the angio someone used a man made device to stop the bleeding from the incision in 15 minutes instead of 45 minutes of direct pressure. Only no one told this person no pressure, and the person pushed it into the femoral artery blocking the blood-flow to the right leg.

8 days later, damage done! They needed to save the leg from being amputated, which they did, but left me with RSD II. So lack of blood oxygen can cause this disease.

The pain is the worst known to man, and is relentless in driving a person from sanity. I believe that is why these forums are sooo important, especially for people with diseases like RSD where there is a great amount of pain, and it changes the course of your life with not very many people believing that you can be in that much pain. Even doctors will send you away with words like: It's all in your head, or they just flat out don't believe you, and that goes for the families also.

There is a higher suicide rate amongst RSD people. The pain and living adjustment, plus the fact that hardly anyone believes you, pushes people over the edge. Read everything you can find on the subject because what you guys are doing with the forums is outstanding work! The more you know how the people react the better it is for you guys in determining how you handle certain situations.

My hat is off to John, and you for putting in the time and effort to bring something to the hurting people they need. I really didn't know how much until here recently when BT1 went down. There really is no other place on the web like it, and for sure no other can fill it's shoes.

RSD has changed my life completely with daily pain hovering around a 7, that is out of a scale of 1 - 10, and 10 being worst pain. Plus not being able to work anymore is a whole n'other story.

I think it is a good thing that you are showing an interest in RSD, keep at it bro cause we need more people that know about it.

Hope your days are filled with joy, happiness, and zero pain!
Allen
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote