View Single Post
Old 03-28-2023, 08:48 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you for reading my story and update and for caring. I'm sorry that toxic mold has caused your ills and neuropathy more specifically.

Though I'm sure I've been exposed to mold, I don't suspect it in my case for various reasons. Of course, there's no way to know for sure and I'm not so self-certain to assume I know where I do not. Environmental exposure is certainly possible, but during the last 10-15 years I've lived in at least half a dozen different places in multiple countries. I suspect mine is due to metabolic disease related to my severely damaged gut from terrible nutrition, including lots of carbs and alcohol, not to mention very high stress. I should also mentioned that I was never vegan, but rather vegetarian. Veganism is absolutely destructive when it comes to nutrition and whoever says otherwise is ignorant of the basics of paleo-anthropology and human anatomy and physiology. So I agree with you there.

I would certainly consider the carnivore diet if you're serious. I would also recommend reading up on CIRS if you already haven't. In fact, you can find some good information here from a carnivore nutritionist who also works with CIRS patients: Nutrition with Judy - YouTube. The health coach I work with virtually is extremely knowledgeable and was central to helping me through the transition to carnivore which was somewhat bumpy for me the first few months given the degree of my illness, but he does not specialize in CIRS, though he does specialize in neuropathy, autoimmune disease, and diabetes/metabolic disease. He himself lives with neuropathy. Anyway, Judy Cho is worth listening to when it comes to CIRS and it's a plus that she's a carnivore nutritionist. The carnivore diet is the ultimate elimination and anti-inflammatory diet, so it's a great start even if you don't stick with it long term and decide to reintroduce some of the less harmful plant foods.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote