Thread: Mad As Hell
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 11:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default puttin my research together (not pretty)

Ok seems a few years back the company that owned Gabipentin/Neurontin before Pfizer usta promote them for medical conditions not proven or tested for sufficiantly.. (glaucoma etc) consequently people got hurt and there are still large lawsuites afloat for the origional company.. Pfizer bought the Co and cleaned up the tarnished image some and have set about creating a drug called pregablin/lyrica that has alot of the same properties but works on a broader range of symptoms.

In May of 2007 Pregablin/Lyrica was aproved by the FDA as the only medication so far that has been aproved for Fibromialgia... Seems to me they are not going to want to do comercials now, nor are any companys unless they have specifically been aproved for treatment of RSD/CRPS by the FDA.
hmm how do we find out if they are heading in this direction I wonder..

Now I ho'ed and hum'ed over whether to post this or not then decided that if this were the case then we need to focus more on getting the word out there individualy as well.. and wow Christine what a great idea, and it maters not the organisation just how well they are prepared for the influx of curiouse questions and queirys.. Also lets pick a month and everyone blitz their papers with a day in the life storys of our lives since RSD.. Lets wake up the world to this demon and hope that we can save another life from it.

Hugz,
Sandra

Last edited by Sandel; 07-30-2007 at 12:16 PM.
Sandel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote