View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 08:20 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

MidwestWife, there's no need to apologize. As far I'm concerned it's all the same: humans eating the improper diet as my health coach puts it. I wish I had known better at the time. To be fair, a vegetarian diet is less nutrient deficient than a vegan diet that does not work without supplementation and barely even then. Anyway, I've never been interested in debating between the various diets but finding what works for me and I'd never begrudge anyone something that helps them. That's all to say no offense taken.

You're welcome about the tip. I thought you might find it useful. She's good. I am sorry you have CIRS and I hope you can get better. One week is just the very beginning and I do think a few months, so 90 days, will give you the most accurate sense of things. But everyone is different as they say. Based on the diet that my health coach recommended, I started with only red meat, salt, and water and after a few months I started to add other animal based foods in. Dairy and eggs can cause inflammation in some and I still haven't reintroduced either. I need to heal my gut first. Your diet before this was better than mine since I had mostly given up given the poor results after so many years.

One piece of advice since you're not working with a health coach is look into *oxalate dumping*. There are some good videos on YouTube. It's something you want to avoid because it can have some terrible health consequences. I'm not sure if you had an oxalate rich diet, and it doesn't see like you did from what you say here, but you may want to look into what it is and what foods contain oxalates. I had a high oxalate diet before and I had to be careful. I didn't know this until my health coach told me about it and gave me some information about it. It doesn't mean you can't go on the carnivore diet, but it means you need to transition into it and not eliminate oxalates all at once. Good luck on your journey.
DavidHC is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote