View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 08:47 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Rosie, thanks for reading and for your comment. I'm sorry you've been dealing with this disease for so long. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It does sound like you've tried your fair share of things. I know first hand how discouraging it can be. This is the first time in 10 or more years that I've actually had real results and it's exciting. It was also my last resort to be frank and I had barely been on here for years since I was quite hopeless. I'm grateful that has changed.

I was worried about IBS as well because I've had it as long as I can remember. I started this diet before I met with my health coach and almost immediately I was pleasantly surprised because about 80% or more of my IBS symptoms resolved themselves. All the bloating went away within 2 or 3 days and within 2 weeks my daily struggle that could go on for hours one and off was very quick. This may have been the best surprise of this diet. When I connected with my health coach with some tips the rest improved though I wouldn't say I'm 100% normal whatever that means. But my goodness it made a world of difference and gave me back my comfort and time. There may be some diarrhea at the beginning because of the increase in fat but it goes away when you get the hang of it and your body adapts. The health coach really helped me get my protein to fat ratio right to avoid this issue and the opposite, so constipation. One thing I've learned is that fiber can and does make things worse, especially the bloating. I can eat a big meal now and my stomach doesn't bloat at all, which it almost miraculous to me, even though it's basic science and happens when you cut out the plant chemicals.

I hope this diet helps you and I would recommend working with someone if you can. Some people in the carnivore community say it's the easiest diet, all you have to do is eat meat, and so on, but when you have chronic health problems it can be more complicated and there are issues to watch out for like oxalate dumping and excessive protein consumption. If you do want to work with a health coach, I can provide you with the contact information of the person I'm working with right now. I tried another one first and she was not good for me even though she tried, but now I have someone who works for me and is cheaper, which always helps these days. Finding the right health coach is like finding the right therapist or doctor, they have to be right for you, but the only way to tell is to try working with them. I got lucky finding this guy through a friend and it worked out so I could stop looking and wasting money. It made all the difference that he was smart, kind, attentive, and himself suffer was neuropathy and some other issues that I shared. Anyway, I'll PM you on here and provide you with his details in case you want to contact him. You can see this by looking for "Private Messages" at the top right corner of the page, under your username. EDIT: Unfortunately I tried sending you a PM and it says you can't receive them. I'm not sure why that is, so maybe you can figure that out and send me one and I'll reply with his contact information.

Whether you choose to work with him, another health coach, or do it on your own, I would recommend reading the science if you can and watching video on YouTube from reputable sources. It was hard for me to judge who was reputable at the start when it came to YouTube so I read the scientific studies, mostly on the keto diet, and also read some books, and watched personal accounts of people on the carnivore diet. My health coach also helped direct me to some reputable carnivore channels and that's how I learned about nutrition with Judy. Whatever you decide, good luck! I hope this path helps you.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rosie33 (04-03-2023)