View Single Post
Old 04-08-2023, 10:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean2399 View Post
I did not even consider connecting my GI issues to neuropathy. I had them before. Now I presume it was more caused by the sheer cunsumption of alchohol instead of the sickness itself. Since I stopped drinking my lactointolerance got much better. I still have GI issues, but much less severe. I cannot connect them to neuropathy, though. I don't see the pattern. I usually eat a balanced diet, no junk food, no soft drinks, no added sugar, fruits, veggies. I always did, with the notable exception of my past bindge drinking sessions. God, leaving drinking behind was the best thing I did in my life. Yesterday I rode 67 kms on my bike. 1 and a half year ago, I had neural pain, weakness in my legs, could walk, but lost force sometimes.

I wish everyone a symptom free life as much as possible!
Yeah, I have noticed almost whenever I have higher pain levels, that seems to go hand in hand.

That said, I do have an extra variable in the equation. I reacted badly to an antiobiotic that has now been shown to cause neuropathy. I was finding a couple years ago that when I drank, no matter the amount, I had pain. So two years ago mid July, I stopped. Pain levels have mostly been good since, but do still have times, like now, where it’s not much fun. Usually fairly short flares, although I found last summer, covid is something that also doesn’t play well with neuropathy. As a teacher, around tons of germ carriers, I have wondered if I maybe had a mild case that just seemed like my allergies, but is gifting more neuropathy now.

That is my double, and occasional triple, whammy now.
ajwinpain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote