Thread: Hello I am new
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2023, 12:50 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hello psycnerd,
Welcome to the NeuroTalk Support Groups.

I'm sorry that you've been dealing with PCS since your concussion last year. Unfortunately it seems to be the same situation everywhere, with some medical practitioners well informed and others not so much.

Finding good holistic support is essential and particularly if symptoms are persisting.

Make use of any support systems you have at Uni as well.You may find that doing fewer subjects for a semester helps, but you may not actually need to do that if you get certain issues under control.

You haven't mentioned exactly what you've dealt with in the past, but I've found that because anxiety and depression can be part of the post concussion syndrome anyway, it can be difficult to know exactly what is going on. This can be a real problem especially for those of us who have some prior psychological challenges e.g. anxiety 'disorders', depression etc..

It's really important to address any persistent or exacerbated psychological problems just as much as the physical aspects after a concussion.

Over on the TBI and PCS forum there are a lot of excellent informational posts. So many in fact that it can be a little overwhelming sometimes I find. I usually will use the search function. e.g. if you're having vision problems, run a search for that specifically and you'll come up with many posts. Look for other posts regarding study and university. There are many and some of their tips may be helpful.

Traumatic Brain Injury and PCS Forum

https://www.neurotalk.org/search.php
In this search forum feature you can just click on the Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Forum. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

All the best to you and try to get some student counselling regarding your studies so that you can continue at a pace that's suitable. Just my thoughts.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Wren (04-26-2023)