Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Arrow Mental health forums are moving!

Hi folks,

We started Neurotalk in August 2006, after the braintalk communities suffered a server outage for months and didn't communicate with their users about if they were coming back online. That was a travesty.

My one goal here was to ensure people looking for neurological/emotional support during trying times and a health crisis had a safe place to go to get the support and information they need. And to communicate community changes to you directly and transparently.

In recent years, due to changes in Google algorithms, smaller independent online communities such as Neurotalk have suffered significant traffic losses. Google holds all the cards and we can only do minimal things here to try and help with our traffic standings.

When we started Neurotalk, we just replicated everything that used to be on braintalk to ensure everyone who had a home there also had a new home here. That even included the mental health forums, despite the fact I ran another existing online mental health community since 2001.

Because of the decline of our traffic here and my limited time and resources, I've decided it's time to stop hosting two similar sets of mental health forums. Effective immediately, the low-traffic mental health forums -- all of them save the Bipolar and Alcoholism groups -- will be closed to new posts.

The Bipolar and Alcoholism communities will remain open for another 60 days, at which time they too will be closed to new postings.

I encourage you to join our sister community -- which I have also overseen since 2001 -- to access mental health support forums. It's now called MySupportForums.org and is run in a similar manner as we've run NT. MSF is a somewhat larger and more active community, and I hope you find the support there you've come to expect.

Please let me know if you have any questions about these changes. Thank you.

DocJohn
"Thanks for this!" says:
agate (05-06-2023), bizi (05-05-2023), Chemar (05-06-2023), Jomar (05-06-2023), Lara (05-05-2023), Twinkletoes (08-26-2023)