View Single Post
Old 05-14-2023, 10:31 PM
Newly Joined

Location: Big "X" Right in the Middle of the US (temp. condition)
8 yr Member
Newly Joined

Location: Big "X" Right in the Middle of the US (temp. condition)
8 yr Member
Default Are You Experienced? - The New Psychodelics Age

As advanced as our country is and likes to advertise itself as being, it is almost Puritanical when it comes the mention of psycodelic drugs for the legitimate treatment of medical conditions. In my 29 years of being a person with severe chronic pain, I have, like most, been through the list:
  • opioids
  • anticonvulsive meds
  • antidepressives
  • nerve blocks
  • surgeries
  • PT
  • OT
  • Psych
  • holding the gun in your hand
BUT ... what if someone told you that your dad or granddad's college party drug actually had some real benefit to you chronic pain and / or depression when used properly? Would you be interested? Would you shy away?
Right now our government makes it nearly impossible for chronic pain, cancer patients or anyone of the like to get assistance in a clinical situation via these drugs. In studies ketamine, MDMA, LSD, psilocybin (mushrooms) and others are all schedule controlled (which I do not disagree with). BUT they need to be provide to responsible-trained physicians that are working with patients in need.
I have had the fortune to have a high-dose ketamine infusion (not the boutique crap done by a failed anesthesiologist who has still has a license and opened a clinic). In my case I had a couple of weeks of reduced pain. Not pain free but reduced. And I would do it again and again for the same result - my pain is that severe.

So can we have the conversation about psychodelics?
  • Do you have a physician that is currently helping you and talks to you about the value or possibilities of psychdelics?
  • What is your personal opinion on using psychdelics as a valuable tool in the arsenal against severe pain, depression and PTSD?
  • If there was a path to treatment would you leverage it?
  • Have you recieved professsionally delivered treatment? If so, would you care to share your experience?

Thanks for reading and perhaps responding.
I do have a doctor I am talking to about the possiibilities. I searched for a long time to find him. I think there is a great deal of value and it is varied between drugs and what they do. It is all promising. I would leverage it in a heartbeat. I have had ketamine infusions and used ketamine troches. Both to positive results - neither to a pain free result.
drdalto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote