View Single Post
Old 06-14-2023, 03:13 AM
Newly Joined

Newly Joined

Default Hard and sudden brake followed by swerving into other lane

Earlier i was driving on the highway, and a deer walked out right in front of my car. Reflex immediately took over and i slammed on my brakes and swerved around it into the other lane. I know you’re not supposed to do that, but subconsciously i think i remembered when i hit a deer (january of this year) and the concussion i suffered from it. It wasn’t really bad, and my dr said there’s a possibility that it was just whiplash, but i’m a hypochondriac and i was in mental anguish for a few weeks following the incident.

Anyways, what i would like to know is this. Is it possible to sustain a concussion from driving over 60 mph, slamming on my brakes and then swerving around something without ever coming to a stop? I looked it up and i keep seeing contradicting answers from various people and websites. I’m super anxious that i might have given myself a concussion from this. Sorry for the wall of text.
Attached Thumbnails
Hard and sudden brake followed by swerving into other lane-img_7697-jpg   Hard and sudden brake followed by swerving into other lane-img_7700-jpg  
dj222 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote