View Single Post
Old 07-04-2023, 09:57 AM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewDigital View Post
Although psychological issues do contribute to symptoms, I don't think drugs such as antidepressants or antipsychotics should be used. They may provide temporary relief in the short term, but they can hinder recovery and make it worse in the long term.

Seek treatments that target the underlying causes of psychological issues, because drugs don't do that. For example, Inflammation is a factor linked to both mental health and persistent concussion symptoms.
I think I need to potentially focus on inflammation as therapies don't seem to be working and maybe it's just because things are too inflamed. I do know that some antidepressants can have some strong anti-inflammatory effects so wondering if that may help at all even if it's temporary while I work on everything else.

I've tried DHA and EPA fish oil supplements from Nordic Naturals and they didn't do anything. Wondering if maybe I need to do the 3 grams as maybe I just wasn't doing enough?

It's very difficult for me to do the gradual exposure because things keep getting worse and because there's so many variables. A month ago I could look at TV screens some and do okay with watching sports here and there. Now I can barely look at a screen for 10 seconds without it causing issues. Also, how much work did I do on my e ink monitor to put stress on my system that day can play a factor. If I just sit there and stare at a wall all day and then try 1 minute of TV then it may have a better chance of success than if I did other things to strain my eyes so it's just difficult to try and build stuff back because almost anything I do puts stress on my symptoms.
snappydad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote