View Single Post
Old 07-23-2023, 05:18 AM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member
Frown Fears of chronic subdural hematoma

Hi!

I currently am having this intense fear of having a chronic subdural hematoma.

It's now been day 6 of this mysterious headache. It's really more of a pressure in my head that keeps shifting locations and varies in intensity from 1 to 5-6. Sometimes the pressure is on my face and bridge of nose. Then it moves to being on top of my head like there is a literal weight right on top. Then it can move to being a band from one ear to the other. It's really scaring me and I tried hard to think of what it could be.

During the first days, I chalked it up to some type of tension headache, but this headache is taking so long that I am now scared that I am suffering from a chronic subdural hematoma. I did have a minor head hit a month ago. It happened when my friend and I were getting in a taxi. I sat down at the same time as my friend from the other side swung their backpack into the back seat and the backpack hit the side of my head. I do have health anxiety from head hits, so when that happened, I started panicking thinking I was going to get a concussion or an acute brain bleed. I got a weird sensation in the part that got hit, but I actually managed to forget about it and feel completely normal after 30 minutes. And then, I never thought about this accident again since the following weeks were all good. I might have had some mini headaches that lasted like 10-30 minutes during all this time, but it didn't seem serious, it just hurt and then it didn't.

But now I am super scared of this new headache. Could this really be a chronic subdural hematoma from my head hit or is this my fear playing tricks on me?
Hufflepuff is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote