View Single Post
Old 09-15-2023, 12:15 PM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member

Thank you both for your responses.

I am aware that you can get a concussion from whiplash injury, but I was inquiring whether it seems likely that this impact was enough to firstly cause whiplash. Do you think, given the impact I described, it is enough for a whiplash injury? I guess based on this answer, we would then need to assess whether it also caused a concussion.

Additionally, my back was in fact against a seat back since we were sitting in seats on the boat. Therefore, I could not really absorb any of the impact with my body and it mostly went through to my neck.

A bit more about my symptoms:
I have a long history of PCS (almost 5 years now of on and off symptoms).
For the past year, I have had a flare of bad symptoms.
For the past few weeks specifically, I have been been feeling uncomfortably dizzy and nauseous — not like I will vomit or like the world is spinning but more of an unstable and uncomfortable feeling that seems to come from my eyes. I would maybe compare it to motion sickness but it happens when I am just trying to work on my laptop or sitting and talking to somebody or doing anything really.

This feeling was already present before the boat incident and I am not sure if it has gotten worse because of it. I would say, if anything, I have mostly become more anxious about this symptom in light of the boat incident. I do now also have some tenderness when i press on the left side of my neck and was experiencing some headaches there as well.

Does it sound like the boat incident could have made it worse?

I also had a light bump to my head last month against the low doorframe of a bus bathroom as I was exiting but this was not a very hard bump although I did worry quite a bit about it afterwards.

The onset of the dizziness seems more related to this earlier bump but I think that it might even have started a bit before that.

What do you think could be causing this dizzy feeling and accompanying nausea and how can I treat it? It has really been impacting my life very negatively as I am a student and it makes studying very challenging and uncomfortable.
melody_sings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote