View Single Post
Old 09-24-2023, 10:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome, Ken3!

Much depends on just how much these symptoms are a problem for you, or at least that's how I see it. Do the symptoms come and go, or are they constant? Are they limiting you in ways that you find difficult?

I like to avoid going to doctors, and if there's a neurological symptom, I try to ask myself if it varies in intensity, and if so, is there something that triggers it? Maybe I'm especially tired when it comes on, maybe I've been doing something with that body part, maybe the symptom comes on only when it's too hot or too cold, etc.

The first question to ask yourself is whether something you're taking (prescription drug, nonprescription drug, supplement) might be causing the symptoms. If you've looked up all of the things you're taking and none of them could possibly be causing them, then you move on to other possible causes. But drugs and even supplements are so often responsible for bringing on strange symptoms that that is where I'd start.

If the problems are plaguing you, depriving you of sleep or otherwise making life difficult, by all means go for the neurological consult.

Did you ask the PCP's opinion--the one who prescribed the nerve conduction study? It sounds as if you were told you could have a neurological consult "if you wanted one" but did the PCP seem strongly in favor of that?

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis, osteopenia.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, 12/16/20 - 3/16/24
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Ken3 (09-28-2023)