View Single Post
Old 10-03-2023, 10:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1081 View Post
Hi David,

I am new to this forum and I have been following your posts for the past couple of weeks. I am very happy to know that after years of suffering you were finally able to significantly reduce your symptoms.

I have been diagnosed with PN 3 weeks ago. It all started about 4 weeks ago when I suddenly started fighting mild numbness and a tingling sensation in the thumb and index fingers in my both hands. Sometimes I also felt it in my middle fingers. After a week I consulted a neurologist and he confirmed that it is PN. My blood reports came back normal. I am not diabetic and my B12 is 275. The doc couldn’t figure out the reason for my PN. He says that it could be an autoimmune condition.

It has been 3 weeks now and I feel mild pain in my heels when walking. Sometimes there is a mild burning sensation. It looks like PN is progressing. I have started taking Benfotiamine 400mg every day but there’s little difference. I know that supplements take a while.

I am in my early 40s and I am completely devastated. My daughter is just 5 years old and I have a lot of responsibilities on my shoulders. Although my wife has been very supportive, I would never wanna be a burden on my family.

I came across this post of your and this gave me a lot of hope. I can finally see some light at the end of the tunnel.

I’ve also read many posts where people have claimed that a carnivore diet has helped them a lot with neuropathy.

I want to start this diet but I am a bit concerned as my LDL is 136 and my total cholesterol is 229.

Nevertheless, if you don’t mind can I ask you whether you are still on a carnivore diet and is it helping?

I see that you were last active in April but I look forward to hearing from you.

God bless!
your
B12 level is very low. research some of the B12 threads on here, in the meantime start supplementing with 5000 mcg of methylcobalamin a day and get those numbers up. That could be your cause of the tingling, numbness and pain right there.
echoes long ago is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote