View Single Post
Old 10-06-2023, 03:14 PM

Default Always take multi-B

Dear Nerve Endings,

I hope that you have found an answer to your ails and you are no longer here.
If you are, please elaborate how you know you have a B-12 deficiency. Was the B-12 level serum or RBC? Were other markers drawn? Homocysteine, MMA, and complete blood count?
Supplementing B12 or B6 unnecessarily or in inappropriate amounts can cause a function deficiency in the other.

Red meat is high in carnitine (necessary for proper fat metabolism) as well as iron. You said that you crave red meat, but eating it makes you feel bad. Have you ever tried (grass fed beef) dessicated liver capsules? It's the most useable form of nutrients and contains a multitude of vitamins and minerals.
The fact that it makes you feel bad is another issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerveEndings View Post
B12 deficiency problem here, as well. *sighs* I am attempting to correct this with sublingual methylcobalamin B12 supplements, but at 4x1000 mcg per day, I'm not really getting any better.

Anyway, I have noticed that when exposed to bright lights or loud noises, my symptoms get worse. This makes working on a computer, sitting in bright rooms, or dealing with watching movies or traffic a nightmare. Does anyone else have these problems, as well? Sometimes I also get ringing in my ears or extreme sensitivity to noise, or even echoing noises several times a day, or thinking I hear things I don't (psychosis?). This worries me because the latter symptoms came about AFTER supplements! Could I be deficient in B6 or folate or potassium or magnesium or absolutely anything else? Iron could definitely be a concern since I've been craving red meat and dirt like no other...but meat makes me feel worse immediately, it's scary almost. :/ And the general daily headaches and constant need to sleep are exhausting. *sighs* I'm just hoping someone can help me feel better and provide some information.
Amber Watkins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote