View Single Post
Old 10-15-2023, 09:23 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi again,
Parasthesias are mentioned very often in the post/long covid literature and with similar time lines to what you have written. It seems to be very common in fact. I also read one article that suggested that the severity of the initial illness was a predictor for onset of neuropathy post infection and fatigue played a huge part in that. However, at 8 months in I wouldn't give up and expect a very bleak outcome, plus post viral syndromes tend to differ so much from person to person. Never give up.

Re-reading your original post, I would wonder whether some of those symptoms you're experiencing are transient parasthesias that may eventually subside rather than all due to small fibre neuropathy.

I'm also wondering if you were given any antivirals or other medications while in hospital in Thailand.

Anyway, I was reading some more articles and came across this one that concentrates more on what they called nutraceutical strategies. It's very long.

Peripheral Neuropathies Derived from COVID-19: New Perspectives for Treatment - PMC

Peripheral Neuropathy in Patients Recovering from Severe COVID-19: A Case Series - PMC
I found that very interesting.

This is a very small number of people involved but I wonder what the "neuropathy treatment" was that apparently helped 7 out of 9 patients.I'll try to find out. I don't really understand why you were given the Cymbalta.

Small fiber neuropathy associated with SARS-CoV-2 infection - PubMed
Quote:
Nine patients received symptomatic neuropathy treatment with paresthesias controlled in seven (77.8%).
Oh, OK, so here's the free full text. It might tell more.

Small fiber neuropathy associated with SARS‐CoV‐2 infection - PMC

Last edited by Lara; 10-15-2023 at 09:42 PM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote